Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Inspiration Blog #2

            Another person that is a real inspiration to me is a male that went to the same church as me and pushed me to work harder in basketball while staying close to my studies. No matter how many shots I have taken, no matter how many shots I missed, and no matter what I did wrong he would always stay positive and guide me through my mistakes. This person’s name is Daniel Lui and if I needed a person to guide me through my troubles in life it will probably be him. Dan introduced me to the older folks that were always some people that inspired to become a better person. Before meeting all these people I wasn’t the best person that you could meet because I would always cause trouble to get people mad and sometimes just to look cool. Just the way Dan lives his life motivates me because it expresses the way he was raised and how he was as a child. I believe he told me once where he was just like me as a child where he was sort of the bad boy gave me a tendency to change the way I live my life too since he can do it. All the advice that he gives me about basketball just makes me improve because we play alike in many ways, but as a more experienced person he is obviously better. He keeps telling me “Man Jackie, you are definitely better than me when I was 16.” That motivated me to get better so I can above exceed him before I get to his age. Maybe he’ll just keep telling me the same thing, but instead of 16 maybe he’ll say like 21 or 24.
Even though Dan wasn’t thinking about pursuing the basketball dream like Jeremy Lin he is still one of my closest referrals that I can get inspiration from. I can most definitely consider Dan as an older brother I never had. As Christian brothers we have the bond that cannot ever be broken. Thanks Dan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment