Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2. Select a quote form pp. 170, Do you agree or disagree with it?


The quote I am using is from Lucy Flucker Knox that said, “I hope you do not consider yourself as commander-in-chief of your own house, but be convinced, that there is such a thing as equal command.” From that quote of Lucy Flucker Knox I agree what he stated is an honest and true statement. The reason why I agree to this statement is because I think it means if you do something that against me I have the right to do it right back. For example, if you were to kick me out of your house one day and you decide to come to my house, I have the same authority to kick you out. Another example I believe that explains this quote is if a community group is trying to all agree on something and there is one person leading the whole discussion other people will have the right to disagree instead of following what the leader does. I think the overall meaning to this quote is saying that everyone has equal right no matter what you say and also it has a little piece of freedom of speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment